In het kort
- Static Stress Analysis
- Proven Trackrecord
- Locatie: Papendrecht
Our client, an international company providing end-to-end, integrated Engineering, Quality Services and Management Consulting for digital information, is expanding their Aerospace Engineering Team in The Netherlands. We are therefore looking for several Stress Engineers.
Mechanical Stress Engineering within Aerospace Structures is a challenging role due to the operating conditions experienced within the airframe. Working within one or a number of multi-disciplinary teams, you will deliver world-class component designs, by applying the latest analysis techniques, software and methods.
- Research, develop, analyze, design, and test company products or processes using engineering and scientific principles to implement engineering solutions to meet organizational objectives
- Analyze and verify product or process design and product performance to customer requirements
- Responsible for ensuring product (including parts, assemblies or tools) are consistent with company and customer quality standards
- Research and develop material and processes that support the translation from abstract concepts to functional products
- Apply knowledge of engineering and scientific methods and tools to define and characterize behavior of products and processes
- Integrate technical, cost, value and safety considerations into the product definition to comply with customer, regulatory and company requirements. Document results in drawings, data sets, reports, specifications and supporting data
- Interface with other members of project or program team, management and manufacturing staff to facilitate the implementation of manufacturing process improvement initiatives
- Develop engineering solutions to a wide range of complex technical problems, requiring ingenuity and innovation. Exercise broad latitude in determining technical solutions
- May interface routinely with customers and suppliers to achieve cost effective, technically sound and functionally superior products
- Support, identify or implement Lean initiatives to improve products and processes
- Continuously improve product and processes via designs, work instructions, statistical process control and other relevant methods and concepts
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced staff; may act in a technical leadership capacity.
You will provide support to the design of structural composite components providing analysis and documentation to support certification. You will liaise with customers to ensure delivery of commitments. Stress Engineers ensure mechanical integrity of structural components from initial concept, through detail design to in-service support and the Aftermarket. The successful candidate will therefore be required to carry out stress analyses of parts, using established methods, including finite element modelling, and where necessary determine and specify component testing. This may also involve development of novel methods and techniques.
You will be required to manage several varied activities simultaneously, work in a team based environment, have good written and verbal communication skills and be capable of making sound technical judgements and appropriate decisions.
Background & Experience:
Candidates will have a proven track record of delivering effective engineering solutions within cost, time and quality constraints. You will be able to demonstrate a strong interest in technical analysis and learning new specialist skills. Competencies required in this role will include: Decision Quality, Creativity, Technical Learning, Composure and Customer Focus. Knowledge of engine core components and principles of operation is desirable but not essential.
Successful candidates will have project experience involving disciplines such as:
- Static stress analysis
- Ultimate and proof assessment
- Fatigue assessment (LCF and HCF)
- Fracture mechanics analysis
- Thermal analysis
- Vibration assessment
- Linear and non-linear Finite Element analysis
- Manual calculation for basic component sizing
- Project management/budget control
- Effective communication and commercial awareness
- Composite material analysis
Knowledge of at least some of the following software is essential.
Candidates should have a Degree / HND or equivalent in Engineering or an associated discipline.
Location: Papendrecht, South Holland, Netherlands